This year, we will travel to Lafayette, Louisiana, during our Alternative Spring Break (ASB) week to work with Rebuilding Together Acadiana, a program of Catholic Charities of Acadiana. We'll be working hard, continuing efforts in flood and disaster relief after so many recent hurricanes in the area. We will build wheelchair ramps, install flooring, and more.
No 2021 Trip Due to COVID Restrictions.
What we Did for ASB 2020
Ferncliff Camp and Conference Center was our primary location for the week, with animals, gardening and packing emergency kits. The Arkansas Food Bank provided opportunities for us to work in the warehouse and Heifer International hosted a chili eating contest. Outside gardening with tulips, raking leaves and helping out at the Jackson House thrift store was a fun and interesting project. We visited the St. Joseph Center and the stained glass chapel. Unfortunately, our trip ended a day early due to the coronavirus.
See more Photos!
- Alternative Spring Break 2019 - Corpus Christi
- Alternative Spring Break 2018 - Louisiana
- Alternative Spring Break 2017 - San Marcos
- Alternative Spring Break 2016 - Arkansas
- Alternative Spring Break 2015 - Louisiana
- Alternative Spring Break 2014 - Oklahoma
- Alternative Spring Break 2013 - Missouri
- Alternative Spring Break 2012 - Alabama